All of our committees are run by volunteers who have a deep commitment to the Chinook Nation. The purpose of committees is to assist the tribal council in the running of the tribe. If you are interested in joining a committee contact the committee chair and make arrangements to attend a meeting.
The Process for Committee Appointments are as follows:
- The applicant will complete the form Application for Committee Appointment
- The form will be provided to all council members
- The council will require a three committee meeting probationary period or will deny the request/appointment
- After the completion of the probationary period, the committee chairperson may request Tribal Council approval or denial of full committee membership
- Committee members may be removed for missing three (3) consecutive and unexcused meetings or not working in the best interest of the committee
Chinook Nation Committees