The Culture Committee is very proud of it’s long history. Most of the significant community cultural events that occur today were started and are currently run by the Culture Committee. Some of these annual events include:
- Winter Gathering; held the 3rd Saturday in January at the plankhouse in Ridgefield
- Salmon Ceremony; held the Friday prior to the General Council meeting each June
- Labor Day Parade Participation; held each Labor Day in South Bend
- Bay Center-Georgetown Paddles
- Story Telling Gathering; held at Fort Columbia in conjunction with the March council meeting
- Canoe Journey; participation in the annual Canoe Journey and
- the construction of the canoes used in past Journey’s has been facilitated by the Culture Committee.
The Culture Committee has regularly scheduled meeting the week prior to each monthly Council Meeting. We typically meet Tuesdays although a Thursday meeting is also possible. We encourage attendance from any interested members. Please contact the Tribal Office for dates and times.
Chair - Tony Johnson
Recorder: Don Abing
How can I request speakers, drummers, dancers, translation help or other cultural information? Download this form and submit it to the office.